If you are a new patient, there are some things you can do to make your first appointment as easy and stress-free as possible.
There are a few things you should bring to your first appointment:
- Any insurance cards for current coverage
- Driver license or other valid photo ID
- A list of prescription medications including vitamins you are currently taking (include the name a dosage)
Other helpful items you may want to bring include: Health history, including chronic conditions and past surgeries, A copy of your medical records from your previous doctor, A list of specialists you may currently be seeing, and A list of questions you would like to ask the nurse or provider
As a new patient, there is a certain amount of paperwork that will need to be completed. You may complete the paperwork in advance and bring it with you or you may complete it the day of your appointment. We ask that you arrive at least 30 minutes early to allow time to complete the new patient paperwork.
For patients without insurance or insurance with a high deductible, we offer a sliding-fee scale that is based on family size and income to ensure that quality care is readily accessible to everyone. Eligibility for the sliding fee must be renewed on an annual basis.
If you are applying for the sliding fee program, please be certain to bring the necessary documentation.
Following are forms of acceptable documentation:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) documents that provide family size and income
- Current pay stub, preferably 2 consecutive
- Bank statements showing automatic gross income deposits
- The most current federal tax returns. If self-employed, a business income tax return with the appropriate additional tax schedule worksheet.
- Statement from employer
- Documentation showing additional income from alimony or child support.
- Statement from Social Security Office
- Current Unemployment Benefits statement
You may also complete this paperwork prior to your first appointment. You may schedule an appointment with a member of the outreach team at any one of our sites. They will be happy to help you complete the new patient paperwork and sliding fee application.
- New Patient Registration (medical and dental)
- Sliding Fee Application
- Registracion de Paciente Nuevo (médicos y dentales)
- Aplicación de Descuento
- Mobile Dental (Miles for Smiles) Registration
- Registracion de Clínica Dental Móvil
- Notice of Privacy
- Aviso de Prácticas de Privacidad
How to Pay
Little River Medical Center welcomes all patients regardless of their insurance status. We accept Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare, and most private insurances.
Payment can be made by:
- Credit card or debit card (Mastercard or Visa)
- Personal checks for the date of service
Questions about financial arrangements can be answered by our business office staff.
We are here to help you. If you have payment questions, please call
Please note that exact charges are based on specific services and cannot be quoted exactly before your visit. Patients will be asked to pay a fee at the time of the visit, which will vary depending on your sliding fee eligibility, insurance co-pays and the outcome of your appointment. LRMC does contract with outside laboratory and radiology services.
You may receive a separate bill for these services.
As an organization, our primary concern is the health of the patients who visit our medical center. A high level of trust and confidentiality is required to ensure the confidence of the patients we serve. We understand that information about you and your health is personal. The physicians and staff of Little River Medical Center are committed to protecting medical information about you. Your health information may include information created and received by Little River Medical Center, may be in the form of written or electronic records, spoken words, and may include information about your health history, health status, symptoms, examinations, test results, diagnoses, treatments, procedures, prescriptions, related billing activity and similar types of health-related information.